Kurzweil Educational Systems Releases firefly:
Kurzweil Educational Systems Releases firefly: A Universally Accessible Web-based Literacy Solution
Kurzweil Educational Systems announced today the release of firefly, a completely web-based solution that delivers anytime, anywhere access to digital, text-based content.
firefly joins the Kurzweil Educational Systems product line and works in concert with the award-winning Kurzweil 3000 software solution. With the addition of firefly, Kurzweil Educational Systems has created a solution that is affordable, easy to use, powerful, and accessible to more students. firefly extends the Kurzweil 3000 tradition of excellence which spans over 30 years, and provides one of the first web-based products based on the principles of Universal Design for Learning.
“We are excited to offer our customers a fully web-based literacy support tool. firefly will enable us to reach more students, increase the frequency with which students use of our products, and ultimately improve educational outcomes and change lives, which is our mission as a company,” said Alex Saltonstall, General Manager of Kurzweil Educational Systems.
• More content: reads and highlights text from many sources presented on the computer.
• Better tools: allows users to interact with text in ways that support comprehension and expression.
• Better access: enables use by most individuals with mild to moderate physical disabilities.
Benefits for administrators and students:
• Anytime, anywhere access to documents and literacy support tools
• Research-based literacy supports
• Physically accessible to students with disabilities
• Elimination of installation and maintenance related tasks
• Macintosh or Windows compatible
• Continuously improving solution
firefly, like Kurzweil 3000, can be used to support students while addressing the requirements of many content standards, including the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts.
To learn more about firefly, visit www.fireflybykurzweil.com.